We are a cyber security startup that is changing the way people authenticate themselves by creating a distributed authentication ecosystem that is both more secure and easier to use (even fun). Our products touch almost every sub discipline of computer science, from transistors to cloud services, and we are always looking for awesome individuals to join our team. If you want to do something that will have a major impact, learn a lot, and have a blast doing it, this is the place for you. We are confident that with our expertise, and your help, we can create a better tomorrow --- one without passwords, keys, hardware tokens, or authentication-based security breaches.
Rockstar Engineering Intern
Based on experience
Posted on: May 5, 2022
You will be joining one of our exciting teams and likely leading your own project for the term of your internship. You will be doing a subset of the following:
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Help identify ways to improve and diagnose back-end bugs
- Work closely with other engineers on a small development team to launch features
- Build, or help build, the iOS App and Android Apps
- Learn how to write small features and deploy them often (continuous delivery)
- Write unit tests and assist in finding and squashing bugs
- An insatiable desire to build something awesome
- Pursuing or completed a Bachelor's or Master's Degree Program with a focus on Computer Science or a related field
- A willingness to learn new skills and teach others what you already know
- Experience or knowledge in building iOS and Android Apps
- Experience with interactive web development
- Knowledge of existing authentication and cryptographic paradigms
- Low-level understanding of operating systems and communication protocols (e.g., BLE)
- Design and UX experience
WHAT WE OFFER
If you strive to be the best in the world in your craft then this is the right place for you! You can expect a job that is challenging, fun, and team oriented. [insert your favorite startup perk here] While working at Allthenticate you expect to constantly be working on “hard” problems. We are trying to crack one of the hardest problems in Computer Science (secure, usable key management), and nothing about that is easy. We'll be spending a lot of time together and we want to make sure that every minute of that is as pleasurable as possible. We have regular social outings to make sure we get to know each on a personal level are are very flexible with hours to do our best to maximize happiness. We are taking on some of the hardest problems on earth -- it's going to take more than a few smart people -- it takes an elite team.
- Opportunity to be a major contributor to world-changing technology
- Work with a fun, inclusive, and accomplished team
- Great company culture with regular team activities (e.g., team dinners, soccer, volleyball, escape rooms, and paintball)
At Allthenticate, our culture is our soul and we want to make sure our employees walk into work with a smile on their faces, that is why we can be described as:
- User experience first -- We are building products to make people’s lives better, first and foremost
- Outcome-oriented -- Results-focused with strong performance culture
- Innovative -- We are trying to break the mold of security, not conform to existing norms
- Team-oriented -- Cooperative and collaborative; no project is done in isolation here
- Research-focused -- This company was built on sound research, and we continue to leverage our background to rigorously test our various hypotheses.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.